Friday, December 3, 2010

Online Auto Repair Manual Reviews: Mitchell 1 DIY

One of the newer online auto repair manuals available is Mitchell 1 DIY. The service is running on its sixth year now, and it has built up quite a sizeable database of online repair manuals over that short span of time.

Here are some of the pros: Mitchell 1 DIY contains a wide range of information, and the database covers nearly all domestic and import cars with model years from 1983 to 2009. You get general repair information such as basic troubleshooting and resetting procedures, along with more detailed instructions for electrical, engine or transmission work. Maintenance information such as lubrication, inspection and servicing schedules are also part of the service.

Mitchell 1 DIY also has a lot of credentials to back its claims up. It was given the Blue Seal of Excellence award by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (otherwise known as the ASE), which also provides certifications for auto repair and service professionals. In addition, the editorial staff for the Mitchell 1 auto repair manuals includes Master Technicians and Quadruple Master Technicians also certified by the ASE. Now that’s what people mean when they look for credentials.

Subscriptions start at $10.49 for a week-long subscription. Now, that can be a bit pricey especially if you can get access to other vehicle-specific manuals at $14.95 for a whole month’s access. Mitchell 1 costs $16.99 for one month, and its annual subscription will cost you $29.99 (compared to Chilton’s $24.95 annual fee). Of course, for the excess cash, you’ll be getting material backed by certified professionals. Paypal and major credit cards are accepted forms of payment.

With an extensive coverage in terms of vehicle year, make and model as well as comprehensive information, Mitchell 1 DIY is an excellent option for auto enthusiasts that are willing to shell out some money for a reliable and certified resource. If you have the money, do try it out.

6 comments:

  1. Owning a car can sometimes creates trouble, especially when it needs frequent replacement and maintenance costs. Knowing basic repair would certainly help you to save time and energy. Several online DIY’s are available these days, you can refer any to know more about basics. You can also consider visiting http://www.autopartsfair.com/other_catalogs.html?category_id=26.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot find any information on how to get to and replace the devices that control wither the heat or ac is on. My heater is blowing hot all the time. I feel I just threw away $19. No diagrams or any information I can find on this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot find any information on how to get to and replace the devices that control wither the heat or ac is on. My heater is blowing hot all the time. I feel I just threw away $19. No diagrams or any information I can find on this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have to apologize for my ineptitude in using this manual. I have indeed found what I needed to find and fix my problem. I am sorry if I led anyone astray.
    Don Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I have to apologize for my ineptitude in using this manual. I have indeed found what I needed to find and fix my problem. I am sorry if I led anyone astray.
    Don Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot! http://www.acs-advancedcooling.com/

    ReplyDelete