Thursday, February 24, 2011

Online Auto Repair Manuals of the Future

Okay, please be warned: This will be a crazy, left-field, out-of-this-world post.

Still reading? Okay, here goes. I just re-watched Minority Report for the nth time today, so I'm still reeling from all the future stuff that I'm imagining or thinking about. One thing I'm always wondering about is how online auto repair manuals will be like 10 or maybe even 20 years from now.

Will we have some of them downloaded directly into our brains a la The Matrix? Or will they come in the form of robotic mechanics that actually help or assist us in doing our repair, maintenance, or servicing jobs? Maybe it'll be like having your own C3PO or R2-D2 aiding you as you tune up that engine or replace your ride's old and clogged air filters. It may be the stuff of science fiction now, but eventually, these will all be reality.

I believe mobile phones will have a big role to play in the evolution of online car repair manuals. After all, apps are getting more popular these days, aren't they? Pretty soon, we'll have every piece of info we need available at the touch of a finger. It's all a matter of technology, and we've seen it evolve exponentially over this past decade. Pretty soon, I'm sure we'll be seeing some very awesome stuff—and that includes some pretty awesome online auto repair manuals for sure.

Okay, now I guess it's time to stop daydreaming. I remember I still have to fix that busted catalytic converter on my pickup truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment